frugallivingforums

Buying camera from an online store

Alexandoy

I have an issue with an online store where I ordered an action camera. The price was greatly discounted at just around 20% cost of the original action camera so I ordered. When the camera arrived I hastily tested it. Unfortunately after operating for 15 minutes the monitor went blank. I charged the camera but nothing happened. It looks like it is operating but the monitor was blank. When I reported it to the online store I was ignored and later the email was not answered and the website was gone.

nangk08

That is so terrible! Did you try and lodge a complaint with cyber crime authorities or customer grievance cell? Usually such complaints are investigated and the perpetrators identified through IP address or server addresses etc. Henceforth, whenever you buy online, place order but choose the option of cash on delivery if the website is not known or less known. If the COD option is not given in payments, steer clear of such sites.

Alexandoy

The post was a sponsored ad in Facebook although I have the email address. But I don't think there will be a resolution because of the experiences of my friends in complaining. Nothing happened so I just let it pass. The camera is still with me as a souvenir.

nangk08

The post was a sponsored ad in Facebook although I have the email address. But I don't think there will be a resolution because of the experiences of my friends in complaining. Nothing happened so I just let it pass. The camera is still with me as a souvenir.
Well, I guess there is nothing you can do now but lesson learned. Whenever I buy anything online, first thing I do is read their contact details, returns policy, reviews etc. to get a feel of what kind of people I am dealing with. You too must have done it often but then sometimes, we just get duped no matter what! Part and parcel of virtual lives we now lead!:)

This thread has been viewed 107 times.