frugallivingforums

Developing the habit of saving money in the bank

Alexandoy

Credits
I had learned to save in the bank when I was in high school and until now I am still keeping my money in the bank. Aside from the loose coins and emergency cash in my computer table's drawer, my real money is in 2 savings account with an ATM. The feeling of having money in the bank is like an insurance of the peace of mind. Some people focus on the low interest rate so they do not care about banks but to me it is important.

Stylish and Lightweight Electric Bike, 30-Day At Home Trial, 2-Year Warranty.

luri

Credits
I moved to a big city for higher studies. I did not have a job and relied on my allowance from my parents. They sent me money through the bank, therefore, I was required to have a bank account. I did not withdraw the entire funds, I always left 5 percent on my acocunt. By the time I completed the studies I had saved enough money to buy a motorbike.

Credits
@luri that is very encouraging. Most people never same a dime. It has been really hard for me to save since I had to start a business but now I keep any money I make aside. I don't know how to save much so I prefer not having any access to the money.

luri

Credits
I learned the importance of saving from my mother. My mother was a proper housewife with no income source. She received some money every month from my father which she was supposed to use for buying groceries, paying utility bills etc. She managed to save some money every month. Saving is very important.

Pat

Credits
I didn't have the best financial practices when I was younger. I wasted a lot of money and time when I was in university. However, I learned from this and recently started using my time more resourcefully and saving.

Credits
I do not know how to be disciplined, I always have bills coming up and I always end up withdrawing the money and using it.
I later bought a line and I gave it to my mother who keeps it for me. I have developed a habit of sending to her the money.
Not everybody can be disciplined.

I hate knowing I have access to money. Some people have really saved when they deposit in the credit cards other than walk with cash. It all depends on your discipline.

nangk08

Credits
I save money in my own account and also prefer to put some cash away that I save from my monthly expenditure, I hide that money somewhere among my clothes so I can use it for emergency or when the banks are closed. We are also teaching our son to save money and got his own account opened in the bank for him.

Hova

Credits
It is a good habit that most people need to pick up. I saw my brother doing it and it kind of rubbed off of me. At least now I have a few bucks saved up.

Athanas

Credits
The speed at which time is running these days, it is important to start saving money in the bank, especially in a locked account for even up to 10 years.

This thread has been viewed 141 times.