frugallivingforums

Effects Of Pills Taken Cause Of Insomnia

Credits
Hi. I read in a recent post that there are some pills that are prescribed by your doctor and they are usually taken before bed.
What people neglect are the side effects of these medications.

Is It Dangerous To Combine These Pills With Medication?

Mixing any form of alcohol with medications adds more sedatives to the drugs and leads to complications in breathing that eventually leads to death.
The sleeping pills have indications that require you not to ingest any alcohol while on medications.

You should also stay away from eating grapefruits and their juices cause they increase the amount of blood absorbed into your bloodstreams and how long it stays in the body. This eventually leads to oversedation.

Can One Become Addicted To The Pills?

You may become overly addicted to the pills cause without them you may find that you will experience Insomnia of which you were running away from it which is why you got the prescription in the first place.
The only way you can avoid becoming overly addicted is to follow your prescription and stop the medication when recommended.

Do you know of someone who suffers from Insomnia and needs the medication?

Do

Stylish and Lightweight Electric Bike, 30-Day At Home Trial, 2-Year Warranty.
Credits
I have an issue getting to sleep early,sometimes.But i ensure i rest enough by waking up a little bit late.But when am exhausted through out the day i sleep,early without a struggle.

Credits
Hi Mildred? I also wake up late after a long night of trying to earn. Rest is very imprtant.
I also try and sleep after all the activities I had intended to do.

luri

Credits
Recently, a doctor prescribed an anti-depressant for my mother-in-law. We found about the drug only when my husband googled it. Since we thought she was perfectly normal, we went to consult the doctor and he said the drug also works for other conditions, not just depression. She does not suffer from insomnia, but she sometimes has sleeping problems. That's why she was prescribed an anti-depressant.

sliara

Credits
Well, that's why people shouldn't really mix pills with alcohol, they can be harmful to you in the long run. You can easily overdose from that too.

nangk08

Credits
I think using pills for insomnia for a long time will make you addicted to them and also increase anxiety in the long run. It is better to explore other options first such as exercise, breathing techniques to relax, meditation etc. to help you fall asleep. I also have trouble falling asleep most days, but I am avoiding taking help of the pills.

Credits
Hi @Nangk?
I love the breathing exercises and stretching before bed. I downloaded an app called Fitton that has exercises for all kinds of weather. I love doing the stretches before bed. If I wake up early tomorrow, I will try and do some yoga.
Yes, the pills are not advisable.

@sliara when you are on medication it is advisable not to drink any form of alcohol.

@luri I hope your mom does not get addicted to the pills, she can try some exercises that could help her. Meditation also helps with depression. My uncle had suggested he would enroll for me to go for some meditation classes but he left the country.

This thread has been viewed 116 times.