frugallivingforums

Flaxseed gel for hair!

nangk08

Credits
Yesterday I tried out flaxseed gel mask for my hair. My niece watched it on youtube or somewhere and tried it out. I loved how lovely her hair looked and so I tried it myself. I mixed one tablespoon of flaxseeds in one and a half cup of water, put it to boil on a medium flame. Kept stirring it occasionally and let it boil until it formed a mucilaginous mass. I then let it cool and then strained it through a muslin cloth. It is a bit hard to do as the mixture is quite slippery. I then mixed a teaspoon of coconut oil in it and applied it all over my hair and scalp. Left it on for 2 hours and then washed it off with a little shampoo. My hair has become very soft and shiny and there is so much less frizz which I often have trouble with. Some of the gel was left over which I have kept in the fridge to use once again this week.

Stylish and Lightweight Electric Bike, 30-Day At Home Trial, 2-Year Warranty.
Credits
Thank you, dear. I have really been struggling with my natural hair and it is sometimes unmanageable.

I also love home remedies that I do not have to spend a dime on. I am glad the results were nice. I am planning to make it on my wash day. I love coconut oil too. I love using it for almost everything. I may write about the uses of coconut oil very soon.

I shaved one time cause I couldn't get the hang of natural hair. I am glad for posts like this one. Keep it up.

nangk08

Credits
Thank you, dear. I have really been struggling with my natural hair and it is sometimes unmanageable.

I also love home remedies that I do not have to spend a dime on. I am glad the results were nice. I am planning to make it on my wash day. I love coconut oil too. I love using it for almost everything. I may write about the uses of coconut oil very soon.

I shaved one time cause I couldn't get the hang of natural hair. I am glad for posts like this one. Keep it up.
Glad you liked it dear, do try it out. It is quite easy although it might get a little messy while straining the gel. You are indeed brave to get your head shaved. Just out of curiosity, what type of hair do you have? straight or curly, wavy?

Credits
I do not know my hair type. I force the curls cause I twist out my hair after wash day to avoid shrinkage,.
I think I have straight hair. I hate the heat on my hair.

I am a beautician but I never straighten my hair and I do not like people making my hair. How does one know their hair type?

nangk08

Credits
I do not know my hair type. I force the curls cause I twist out my hair after wash day to avoid shrinkage,.
I think I have straight hair. I hate the heat on my hair.

I am a beautician but I never straighten my hair and I do not like people making my hair. How does one know their hair type?
By hair type, I meant whether they are straight, wavy, curly, silky or rough etc. My own hair is wavy and silky and tend to curl at the ends when I wash them.

nangk08

Credits
What are flaxseeds and where do you buy them.I may also try it when i buy it.
Mildred, flaxseeds are small reddish seeds from which oil is derived. In India, we use flaxseed oil for cooking and flaxseeds are used to make savoury chutneys. They are a rich source of essential nutrients. I have attached here the link to a website where you read more about it.

This thread has been viewed 148 times.