frugallivingforums

Have you been vaccinated against covid-19?

Pat

Credits
We currently have limited doses of the vaccine in the country and priority is given to frontline workers and people who are at least 58 years old. However, people out of the two groups can still get vaccinated. I personally have not received the jab, but some of my family members have. How about you?

Stylish and Lightweight Electric Bike, 30-Day At Home Trial, 2-Year Warranty.

Sprite1950

Credits
I have had my first vaccination and get my 2nd tomorrow (15th April) so in a couple of weeks I will be fully protected. I have never been worried about taking vaccinations and have excellent health for my age. People worry about side effects but I heard a scientist say it is far riskier to get in a car and have an accident but people never think twice about that plus the long term effects of covid, even if you get it mildly, can be life changing.

luri

Credits
My father and father-in-law have received Covid vaccines, however, I am yet to receive vaccines. In our country, the government has made plants to vaccinate at least 70 percent o the population, and hopefully my turn will come soon.

nangk08

Credits
I am scheduled to receive my first jab tomorrow. My husband received his vaccine yesterday. He had a mild fever last night and is still feeling slight weakness. But that is just because the vaccine is working. The government is doing all they can to get people vaccinated in stages, going from the old, vulnerable to the young people. Very soon, people over 18 will start receiving their vaccines.

Sprite1950

Credits
I am scheduled to receive my first jab tomorrow. My husband received his vaccine yesterday. He had a mild fever last night and is still feeling slight weakness. But that is just because the vaccine is working. The government is doing all they can to get people vaccinated in stages, going from the old, vulnerable to the young people. Very soon, people over 18 will start receiving their vaccines.
I didn't get a fever with my first jab, just a backache which may or may not have been related and a sore arm. I had the AstraZeneca where there has been a lot of controversy in other countries. Most of my friends had that one too as we only have Pfizer and AZ here at the moment although I think the Moderna one will be here soon. None of us have had any severe side effects.

Credits
I have not recieved the vaccine and am not getting it.I cant take any vaccine since tgey arent sure about them,there are alot of vaccines out there of different names,vaccines are not like hair products to be of different types.

Sprite1950

Credits
I have now had my second jab and I feel fine so again no side effects. I have seen the horrible things covid can do to people even if they get it mildly. Long covid is a real problem which seems to affect people for months or even a year after. These symptoms could be lifelong .. we don't
know yet. I feel I have done everything to protect myself and those I love.
Screenshot_2021-04-15 (no subject) - lynx1950 googlemail com - Gmail.png

nangk08

Credits
I have now had my second jab and I feel fine so again no side effects. I have seen the horrible things covid can do to people even if they get it mildly. Long covid is a real problem which seems to affect people for months or even a year after. These symptoms could be lifelong .. we don't
know yet. I feel I have done everything to protect myself and those I love.
View attachment 4
That's great ! Really glad that you have got your both doses. But still be really careful! There are still so many who haven't yet received the first one. I went for my scheduled vaccine yesterday and then again today, but there is a severe shortage of vaccines now! So they are holding on to them for those who have to get the second dose. I don't know when I would get my first dose now, but I am glad that at least my husband got his! Now the news today is that Joe Biden has invoked an embargo on the shipments of raw materials which are needed for production of vaccines to India. So much for his liberalism and promises of working together for a better world!:(

Alexandoy

Credits
My wife and our housemaid had their first dose of Sinovac last week. Now they have scheduled me to have the same vaccine although I prefer Pfizer. But there is no supply of vaccine for now so my schedule is delayed for a week or 2 according to the medical officer of Manila. I hope the vaccine really would work for us otherwise we may be living in fear.

Sprite1950

Credits
That's great ! Really glad that you have got your both doses. But still be really careful! There are still so many who haven't yet received the first one. I went for my scheduled vaccine yesterday and then again today, but there is a severe shortage of vaccines now! So they are holding on to them for those who have to get the second dose. I don't know when I would get my first dose now, but I am glad that at least my husband got his! Now the news today is that Joe Biden has invoked an embargo on the shipments of raw materials which are needed for production of vaccines to India. So much for his liberalism and promises of working together for a better world!:(
I hope your vaccine supply is sorted out soon. Yes I too hoped that Biden would be a better President but this is a big blow .. I bet he's had his jabs! I am still being careful even though cases and deaths have plummetted here. We are now getting out and about again and life feels pretty normal although there are still restrictions in place. Stay safe everyone.

nangk08

Credits
I hope your vaccine supply is sorted out soon. Yes I too hoped that Biden would be a better President but this is a big blow .. I bet he's had his jabs! I am still being careful even though cases and deaths have plummetted here. We are now getting out and about again and life feels pretty normal although there are still restrictions in place. Stay safe everyone.
Joe Biden is really turning around now and showing his true colours! Let us see what happens. I went again today for the third time and was turned away once again. Now they are saying that more age groups are going to be added for getting vaccinated from 1st May. When people my age, ie, 45+ are not getting the first dose, I don't know how they will manage with more people. I am not really worried but it does restrict my movements, I cannot go out much to do my work.

Credits
For a pandemic that has to be advertised for people to know about it, I am very skeptical.
Vaccines for Africa were written for Africa why? I am very skeptical if the Virus is one why are there vaccines for different countries?
I am not getting a jab. Sorry guys.

I work online and I am never on the frontline of anything. Even in school, I was shortsighted and still loved sitting at the back.
Let me watch the rest of you get jabbed. Some people have even died after the vaccines so yeah, count me out.

All the very best to the people who are getting their jabs.

I assume there is a lot of propaganda. In a country like Tanzania, people are partying I have seen on their snaps and social media and they have not reported any cases. Their president died the other day though cause of heart failure.

People are just taking the jab cause they are required to by their workplaces so that they can keep their jobs.

Sprite1950

Credits
Joe Biden is really turning around now and showing his true colours! Let us see what happens. I went again today for the third time and was turned away once again. Now they are saying that more age groups are going to be added for getting vaccinated from 1st May. When people my age, ie, 45+ are not getting the first dose, I don't know how they will manage with more people. I am not really worried but it does restrict my movements, I cannot go out much to do my work.
Here we have an appointment system but everyone scheduled gets their jabs. I was supposed to have Pfizer but they ran out of that for my first dose and I received AstraZenenca. I was a little nervous with all the bad publicity and would have preferred Pfizer but things have worked out fine and I am still very well. I pray that you will get yours soon.

Credits
Hi @Sprite so everyone has an appointment in your community? That way everyone will get a jab or? That is a nice system.
Your government is very organized.
I do not prefer any form of vaccination for a disease that I do not have and has been advertised to gain publicity.

This thread has been viewed 168 times.