frugallivingforums

Is the health insurance beneficial?

Alexandoy

I am asking this question because I once bought a health card for 1 year to the tune of $80. That amount is big money here. But for one year I did not need to see a doctor so that means my $80 was just wasted. That was 8 years ago. I only went to the doctor for a checkup last year and also this year but nothing serious. No health card for me until now.

sliara

Well it is if you have a long term illness, but if you don't then it's actually a waste of money then to invest in one, since you won't be that sick anyway to maximize utilizing the insurance.

In my country, you have to if you are employed by the government.
I have been self-employed for almost five years and I have never deposited any money since the company you are working for is supposed to deposit some money there for you monthly and deduct it from your savings.

This is applicable in certain hospitals too. You cannot use your medical cover in all hospitals that you travel to.
Also, prescription drugs cannot be bought with this medical card. I am so sorry I am not a fan of them anymore.

luri

Normally, when you are not sick, you feel like your health insurance fees are wasted. What if you were sick and health insurance covered a large portion of your medical bills. Some expenses are mandatory. You may not benefit immediately, but in the long run, you will have a lot of benefits.

dreamsmilecity

Health insurance protects you from unexpected, high medical costs. You pay less for covered in-network health care, even before you meet your deductible. You get free preventive care, like vaccines, screenings, and some check-ups, even before you meet your deductible. The Main Purpose is to reduce financial uncertainty and make accidental loss manageable.

This thread has been viewed 152 times.