frugallivingforums

Mini lockdown affecting home deliveries

nangk08

Credits
Starting today, we are now facing another lockdown, although shops for essential items such as food, medicine etc. are going to remain open. Home delivery of groceries and essential are also continuing although they are being made to stop delivering non-essentials such as clothes, electronics, books etc. How silly is that??? What difference will it make? I mean, will books and clothes spread corona and not the other stuff. I am really annoyed as there were a few clothing items that I really need to buy.

Stylish and Lightweight Electric Bike, 30-Day At Home Trial, 2-Year Warranty.

Sprite1950

Credits
The UK has opened up again due to our amazing vaccination programme. Infection and death is at an all time low but even when we were locked down we could still receive non essential goods. It was harder to get an online grocery delivery but I ordered from Amazon all the time without a problem and never caught it even when it was at its peak and it was really bad here as I'm sure you saw on the news.

However I did hear of an old couple who never went out and they both got it so they think it came in on something that was delivered to the house so I guess it's possible.

nangk08

Credits
The UK has opened up again due to our amazing vaccination programme. Infection and death is at an all time low but even when we were locked down we could still receive non essential goods. It was harder to get an online grocery delivery but I ordered from Amazon all the time without a problem and never caught it even when it was at its peak and it was really bad here as I'm sure you saw on the news.

However I did hear of an old couple who never went out and they both got it so they think it came in on something that was delivered to the house so I guess it's possible.
I have read all about it, how NHS has done an amazing job of vaccinating so many people in Britain. It must feel so good and safe now for you all, and I hope and pray that it stays that way now. For us, we are now experiencing the second wave and it is very terrible. The central government did a lot and is still doing so much, they gave large funds to the state governments to put the infrastructure in place and buy all the necessary equipment required to produce oxygen, all in anticipation of this, but the state governments except for some, paid no heed to this and are now blaming the central govt, Meanwhile, there are other factors at play here, many from outside, who want to topple the central govt. for obvious reasons so are projecting all the negative stuff about the handling of the epidemic. Truth is , population of India is 138 billion, more than the entire population of Europe and Americas and the fatalities are so very low compared to Europe and Americas. It is a challenge indeed to get vaccines to all that lot!

sliara

Credits
I guess that's just natural because there was an increase in deaths, so naturally the government had to minimize the likelihood of infection, so delivery of non-edible items was discontinued.

Hova

Credits
Starting today, we are now facing another lockdown, although shops for essential items such as food, medicine etc. are going to remain open. Home delivery of groceries and essential are also continuing although they are being made to stop delivering non-essentials such as clothes, electronics, books etc. How silly is that??? What difference will it make? I mean, will books and clothes spread corona and not the other stuff. I am really annoyed as there were a few clothing items that I really need to buy.
That sucks big time. I guess some of us are lucky because we only have a curfew.

Pat

Credits
Although the restrictions here were relaxed, there is still a curfew. Deliveries of goods, however, were going on even under the stricter rules. This applied whether it was food, clothes, etc.

Athanas

Credits
The corona pandemic has really brought havoc world wide. Many countries are locked down rendering their citizens suffering.

This thread has been viewed 102 times.