frugallivingforums

Online newspaper instead of printed version

Alexandoy

Credits
I have to be honest that I have stopped buying the printed newspaper for maybe 2 years now. The online version is there for free and since I am using my computer everyday so I can read the online version. It makes me wonder how the newspaper companies are now doing with their diminished revenue. A friend said that online newspaper have ads that give them revenue.

Stylish and Lightweight Electric Bike, 30-Day At Home Trial, 2-Year Warranty.

nangk08

Credits
I have tried reading newspapers online and still do occasionally. However I prefer the proper printed version. There are just too many ad popups in online version and sometimes, the ads are simply gross and inappropriate. Since I already spend a lot of time on computer, I do not want to add the time spent on reading too to my overall screen usage.

Pat

Credits
I haven't read a newspaper in ages, not that I was an avid reader before. I may occasionally read some headlines while they are on the stands; that's about it.

Hova

Credits
In my country, you have to pay for both printed and digital newspaper. The only people that I see buying the printed newspaper, are the ones that are not tech savvy for lack of a better term.

This thread has been viewed 92 times.